Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Let It Snow

I can't get this song out of my head today. Actually, it started last night when it started snowing. That is right. First snow in Vancouver. Meaning: painful to drive the next day. I was lucky enough cause I couldn't wake up on time and miss all the big traffic madness out there. By the time I drove to work, it was as smooth as normal day. From what I heard from people, it was a pain as usual. Despite Vancouver does snow couple times a year, people seem to forget how to drive in bad weather. Oh, it is snowing; I should drive extra horribly slow. Last year was sooo horrible. I got out my house, stuck in traffic on E54th Ave for half a block for 15 minutes, gave up and drove to E49th Ave, stuck in traffic for another 10 minutes again, gave up and got down to E41st Ave, saw 3 cars doing zig zag in front of me and got suck longer in traffic, finally gave up and drove home. The usual 2 minute circle around my place took me over an hour that day! This morning I woke up in the hope that traffic would be so bad like last year that I got to stay home. But no, road was clear as ever. Going to lunch was a bit of pain though. It was still snowing when we walked to grab lunch. I can feel everything blowing to my face and I can't open my eyes. And I wore my runner and there were puddle of water here there. I had to jump around to avoid getting my feet wet. I finally missed a jump and landed in a puddle of icy cold water. My shoes and my socks were soaking wet and I can't feel my toes anymore. Tomorrow, I am bring extra pair of socks just in case!

1 comment:

iTripped said...

It does not sound like you enjoy the snow or the cold weather. Yet you title the post 'Let it snow'.

Perhaps you should be like me and title it 'Make it stop!'