Sunday, November 27, 2005

Engagement

Another friend of mine got engaged on the weekend. She called me up today to tell me the news. I supposed I should be more excited but truth is, I got a bit numb after hearing 3 engagement in 3 weeks. So I sound kind of plain and congratulated her. She told me excitedly that I was supposed to be the first person to know. I still can't get myself excited. I supposed I should feel more honour. Anyway, I asked her more detail on planning. Apparently she is planning around Oct. I told her right away that I may not be there cause I may be in Hong Kong for my other friend's wedding because I am her maid of honour (I know, I know, I am kind of blunt.) She sound even more disappointed now. I supposed I should have kept my mouth shut. At least wait till I know the date for sure or whether I am going to Hong Kong first. What has been said has been said. I tried to make things better by saying that her sister is helping her anyway (which I think make things worse) She said it has nothing to do with needing my help. She just hoped I would be there because we have been good friends for so long. I was quite speechless after that. The fact is, we haven't been in touched much ever since she started dating. We only saw each other on birthdays. And we barely talked much otherwise. I guess we are still friends, just lost the closeness. It didn't bother me too much if I did miss her wedding. I felt a bit bad for my reaction and thought about calling her again later. But I didn't bother in the end cause I don't know how to start. Still feeling a bit bad...but I would still choose to go to Hong Kong.

No comments: