Friday, November 25, 2005

Harry Potter and the Movie

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie today. I have been wanting to see it badly ever since I knew a new movie came out this year. I was being extremely patient to wait for a week and let the crowd die down a bit. I heard different opinion on the movie. Some said it was good but I also heard some people said don't expect too much. I was pretty excited about it anyway, so I don't care. It turned out to be pretty good. Well, at least I like it. This is the one I like most so far. The first one was okay but not much story to it. Everything I read from the book just because more visual. The second movie was way better. It was a lot darker for sure. But I was a bit disappointed from the last one cause the director cut out a whole lot of details that I liked. I understand the book is too long for a 2 hour movie. But there are tiny bits that make the story and the characters completed, like the relationship between James Potter and his friends and Professor Snape. This new movie actually did quite good a job on shortening the film. Though there are still some bits and pieces that I hope would be there, but the movie no doubt is pretty complete on its own. One slight problem though, a friend told me something that he found annoying before I went watch the movie, something I won't normally pay attention. But since he mention that and now it stuck in my mind, I noticed it everytime it happen. I was sooo annoyed. I also like the new characters chosen for this movie. Well, a friend did complain that she expect Fleur to be way more beautiful. Since I never really like/dislike her, I don't care much. She didn't show up much in the movie anyway. I also liked Fred and George got to play bigger part in this movie. I really like these two characters from the book. Too bad Sirius didn't show up this time. I also hope to see Bill and Charlie but the director cut them out completely. Well, there is always next movie....in 2007.

No comments: