Sunday, November 20, 2005

Birthday Party

It is a friend's birthday today and I invited some people from work and some of her friends over at my place for pot luck. Originally I tried to organize a cooking party in the culinary school. So I emailed a bunch of people and asked if anyone interested. I needed at least 12 people to book the place. But after a few days, I still don't have 12 people (of course I found out later some people just being snobby and don't feel like replying!!!) My friends and I were decided to cook at my place anyway if the cooking party didn't turn out. I felt kind of bad to just cancel the whole thing after some of her friends said they would be interested. So I invited people over to my place for pot luck instead. I was kind of excited about the whole thing till when time closed by. I wasn't sure if that is what my friend wanted. Would she prefer to just eat with us instead? Am I organizing it to make her happy? Or to ruin her birthday for her? Seeing her being cranky this morning because of lack of sleep, I really regret that organizing it. I wasn't sure I am putting her through a party she never wanted. I know if I was tired, I don't want to see people. I started kicking myself for organizing it. When she showed up in my place in quite good mood, I felt a bit relieved. Things turned out not too bad. I was overly worried as usual. She seemed pretty happy. I was sooo glad thing turned out well, even my first time making spanakopita turned out quite tasty.

No comments: