Thursday, August 11, 2005

Another Me

I really wish I am the monkey from the Chinese novel Journey to the West. If you haven't heard of it, may be you watched the movie A Chinese Odyssey before. The main character is a monkey who knew a lot of tricks. One of the trick was that he pulled out one of his hair, blew into it, and boom, he created another him. Lately, I really need to create another me to finish all the work on hand. Since my slacker manager went on vacation, I not only need to finish my own work, and now I need to sit in for him for all the meetings he goes as well. Those meetings usually take up my whole day. And the time between my meetings, I usually need to catch up with the emails. I don't have time to work on my own things till after hour when nobody wants to talk to me. I end up staying late to do my own work. I promised tech comm that I would have something for them early this week, and I still haven't had time to do it. Now I know why my manager is always grumpy. No one can really do 12 hours day everyday. I got all stressed out this week already. I don't know how he can handle so many projects at the same time. Another friend already helped me with some of the projects. If he doesn't come back soon, I think I will become just like him, all grumpy and old.

1 comment:

gwilli said...

ouch. total burrrrrrrrrn!

that movie confused me. I don't think I understood. I like prince eggtart better. or the god of cookery.