Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Lunch Date

It is the x-th times me and my friend trying to schedule to have lunch together. It must have been like 2 months now. Each week something come up and we have to change our plan. We were hoping we could have some time to chat alone. A lot has happened lately so we want to catch up. And his birthday is coming up so I do owe him a lunch. Dinner is out of question because he barely has enough time for his fiancee. I don't think she likes me occupy more of his time after work. There was one week we could almost make it, but someone figured he was free during lunch and scheduled a meeting there. We finally decided yesterday that we would schedule a lunch meeting so no one can schedule anything in our calendar. I seriously sent him a meeting request to keep our calendar occupied. But then when I went downstairs to grab him to go for lunch today, my manager and his manager decided to grab us both to lunch. We can't really say no. So we have to reschedule our lunch plan again. I was afraid if we don't have lunch this week, we may not able to schedule anything for another month. Because my manager is away next two weeks and I will be swamped with work and I don't even know if I could take lunch at all.

No comments: