Friday, August 26, 2005

Fooooooood~~~~~

Other than work is sucky as usual, today is definitely a good day for my stomach. I started off wanting to eat scone for breakfast. So I woke up extra early to go to a bakery around Kitsilano to pick up a scone. Though I was super hungry, I resisted to pick up the crappy muffin from Starbucks. When I finally arrived at the bakery, I found out they have waffle with different filling. There are apple custard, peach and cream and some other I forgot. I stood there for a long time, stared at the waffle, drooling all over them, and tortured between getting a waffle or scone. When I finally decided to get a waffle, then I have hard time deciding to get apple custard or peach and cream. I bet I must have stood there for 15 minute trying to decide my breakfast. When I finally got my apple custard waffle, it was soooooo goooood. It tasted almost like an apple pie but with waffle as the cover. It is not very sweet but nice. And it is warm. I was happily fed and went to work. Then, we went for lunch at a Hainanese chicken place. This is the place I always went to with my friend when we were in university. I came by the other day and saw the sign that they are closing down the end of this month. So I gather a group today to go there for one last time. Before I sat down, I already know I want to order laksa. It is the only place that I know that used two kind of noodles. I am disappointed that they are closing down. I don't know where else I could find such laksa. But I sure enjoy my lunch. My stomach is so happy that work doesn't seem as bad after.

No comments: