Sunday, August 21, 2005

Naramata

I think I may start to like Okanagan area. Both trips I went this year were extremely fun. I once again had an awesome trip this time. I actually have pretty high expectation on this trip because I really want to get away. And what could be better than enjoying yourself in the sun and getting wasted? It turned out to be super fun too, though none of us really got drunk. We did go to a bunch of wineries in Naramata area. Problem with impulsive friends, we end up having 5 boxes of wines between 3 of us. Don't even ask how much I spend. So I guess for the next while, all my friends' birthdays, weddings, house warming, dinner party, I am definitely bringing wine as gifts. We were very careful about driving and wine tasting. We thought about walking from winery to winery, but turned out the distance between is pretty far. We wanted to rent a bike, but the only bike store closed down awhile ago. So in the end, we decided to take turn and drive around. But we did pace ourselves to take only sip instead of finishing up the whole glass (I know, I know, wasting free wine! but...I don't want to be drunk and drive) It is always good to travel with friends who liked to eat and would eat a lot. I always don't like eating with people who would get full after two bites, cause it makes me look like a pig. Good that my friends who went this time all like to eat. First day we planned to have a picnic on the beach, so we went pick up a whole bunch of grocery. We went to a farmer market and grabbed some apples and some tzatziki. We then went to the bakery and cheese store recommended by people to pick up bread and pie and cheese. But since we had big breakfast from the place we stayed at, we were not hungry till late. So instead, we had that as dinner at the b&b place instead. Life couldn't be better. The next day, since we were full at breakfast again, my friend and I just had a cheese platter at one of the wineries we visited as snack. Mmmmm...wine and cheese, I don't know if I want to leave the place at all. Even the ride back to Vancouver was nice. My friend and I chatted the whole way. I don't even know I could talk the long. We talked about anything, friends, view on different things, personal lives, it was definitely good bonding. I got to know my friend so much better. I always enjoy a good conversation and it is definitely good way to end my weekend.

1 comment:

ray said...

r u talking about the simple pleasure guy friend? or the other ones? sorry, i don't mean to disturb da water.