Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Assassin

If anything happened to me next two weeks, I must be murdered by some QA manager that I worked closely with. If it is not done by him personally, he must have hired a hitman or one of his coops to do so. Please make sure to report to police so that justice is served. Yes, second day into my boss-less day and I screwed up again. My friend even put up a score broad to keep track of my screw up record. So far, I have 4 (though I think the last point is unfair!!! and they are not willing to remove each time I didn't screw up!!! ) I promised support that we could deliver something end of Monday. And again forgot to consult with QA (well...he left earlier than me.....not ...exactly..my...fault..) and forgot to mention to him (well...after a weekend, who would remember what we said!) Of course when he found out, he wasn't happy at all. But he figure since I screwed up, all they could do is minimal testing and it is my call to accept the risk or not. Till the end of the day, QA didn't have a chance to finish up what they want to test. Though I think the fix is relative safe, I don't want an angry customer to blow up more. I checked with support and found out the customer won't apply the fix till September (Why on earth say Monday then! ) Of course I run for my life after hearing that. My friend warned me I am not allowed to promise anything without talking to him (How would I know it takes 2 days to test a simple fix! ) So today, I forward him email whenever I heard slight chance to have a hotfix. I started my msn message to him with "Now breathe deeply and don't scream" (and of course he freaked out even more upon hearing that) I think if my manager is not coming back soon, he may die of heart attack.

1 comment:

gwilli said...

beware the ides of march.