Saturday, August 13, 2005

Hiking

I went hiking with some friends today. As usual, I wasn't sure I want to bail out last minute cause it sound like a lot of people going. And I was extremely tired from last week at work. All I can think of is to rest, sleep and rest. But then, in the end, I could kick myself out of my bed and decided to go anyway. I kind of want to wear shorts but my friend who organized said the hike has lots of mosquitoes. My last horrified experience of mosquitoes in wild is that you can't see anything. All you can see is clouds and clouds of black things. So I were very scared what he meant by lots. I decided to wear my jeans. Besides, it was a short leisure hike anyway. Worst case I would be so hot. I could lose some weigh from my legs anyway. I thought about wearing long sleeves as well. But I was scared I may die of heat stoke. Turned out that it actually not too bad. There were mosquito, but not swamp and swamp all over us. I forgot how much work on ankle when you go hiking. I forgot that you could go downhill and it would quite stress out the ankle. I thought it was a leisure walk so it should be rather flat. I didn't tape up my ankle at all. I didn't hurt myself, but I walked very slow because I was scared I would sit out another 7 weeks. And the fact that my left ankle was a bit sore from Thursday game doesn't help either. I didn't walk very stable. Guess I shouldn't go hiking for another couple weeks. Or at least I should really go get a pair hiking boots so I can be sure about ankle support.

No comments: