Monday, August 01, 2005

Long Weekend

It was a super fun long weekend for me. I guess my theory is right. When you have no expectation, the outcome is always good. I was totally preparing to be anti-social this weekend. I know people planned hard on the itinerary, but I was in the anti-social mood that I was planning to spend some quality time with myself on the beach. The group of 20 somewhat people made me feel very intimate and I am not that closed to some of them. I decided to play safe and be anti-social. But it turned out to be super fun. The first day was mostly getting there and went to some winery for wine tasting. When we went to dinner in Milestones, some customers were overwhelmed by 20 somewhat Asian showing up and asked where we from. Somehow we think they are kind of disappointed when we said Vancouver and not some place exotic. The next day we swamped a church for Sunday service. It was an awesome service. It reminds me a lot of thing and really speaks to me. We then went to the beach to hang out. Originally it was supposed to be just a couple of us girls who wanted to go sun tanning. But I guess the weather was too hot so everybody decided to come with us. The water is super warm (well, compared to Vancouver water) and clean. I swam a bit and found out that my ankle still not happy with me. Then, a friend got a football and a group of us played monkey in the water. It was pretty fun. The monkeys would attack and splash water to try to stop people from throwing/catching the football. Some girls even use finger nails to scratch their opponent. That night we did an Iron Chef competition as dinner. It was guys vs girls. The secret ingredient is corn. Of course the girls win (and I was one of the main cooks!) After dinner, we girls went back to our place. Some of us decided to chill and hang out in the living room. We were goofing around and making fun of each other. Couple drinks later, we were getting louder and rowdier. We got so out of control that we started opening one of the guys' wine (it was their fault storing it in the girls' place!) We started working on our story if he found out. I was so drunk that I don't know what time I went to bed. Actually, I was never in bed. I passed out on the couch. Not sure if it was hung over or lack of sleep, we are all pretty dead the day after. But we were also still a bit hyper (possibly still drunk cause it wasn't too long ago when we drank) We kept on fooling around when we drove home. Though I was very tired, it sure was a good trip.

No comments: