Thursday, August 04, 2005

Recruit

My ultimate team tried to field a team for the fall league. And once again, we are low on girls. We only have 3 committed girls so far and we probably need way more than 3. We have 10 girls registered in my team's summer roster but we still panicked for not having enough girls every game. I sent an email to my cell group. As usual, I got tons of responses from guys being interested but not enough girls. I really don't understand why. Do girls in general just don't like sport? Or the fact that they may need to play in the rain really turned them off? Even if we have girls showing interest, we never know how committed they could be. I talked with my captain and said we should really make the guys in our team forced their girlfriends and wives to play. Like going to a "bring your own beer" party. It is "bring your own girl" team. That way, we for sure will have enough girls. I know some other team will only take a new guy if they come with a girl. My captain was saying we should do that too. If you want to join to the team, you have to team up with a girl. Yes, we are a sexist team.

No comments: