Thursday, August 18, 2005

Temptation

Talked about temptation and avoiding opposite sex friends. I am going away this weekend to Kelowna with some friends, a guy and a girl. The guy is engaged to another girl who bailed on us last minute. I was all excited about going away (because work sucks! and I need to be away) and I am sure it would be super fun. The plan was to visit a whole bunch of wineries and get drunk. It never really occur to me that may be inappropriate till today. I was talking to some friends from work and when they found out that I am going with an engaged guy and his fiancee is not even coming, they all asked how come she is fine with it. And I still think why not. There is nothing going on between us. I am pretty sure we are like brothers (yes, brothers, not brother/sister). Then later tonight, when I met up with the guy for drink, he told me his fiancee asked where we stayed. The place we stayed at is called Simple Pleasure. I know, I know, it raised more suspicion, but none of us really pay attention to the name. We are simply innocently looking for a cheap b&b place! So his fiancee said (I hope jokingly) so he is going away with two single girls for a weekend, getting wasted and stayed at a place called Simple Pleasure. It was then I start worried if she is upset about this whole trip. I remember another friend once told me his girlfriend won't let him go on trip with another girl alone, not even me who is again like a brother to him. I wonder if my friend's fiancee is okay with this. I sure hope so.

No comments: