Sunday, August 14, 2005

Free Slaves

I helped a friend move today. He bought a place recently and chose today to move. I told him I could help but a small Asian girl can't carry much stuff (Hey, I am small compared to all his other friends!) I could be there and yell at people. He said I could help him babysit while they moving. Of course, at the end I got slaved to carry boxes as well. In fact, I drove his fish tank down to his new place. Though it is heavy, it still slide sideway when I turned. My friend already warned me about not accelerate too fast. In the end, I drove slower and slower because I was scared that his fish tank will fly out of my car and attacked the car behind me. I became a real Richmond driver, driving like 50km/h. But at least I got it to his house safely. I can't believe how much crap one person can have. I thought when I showed up to help, they would have almost done. But he actually able to accumulate craps that filled up two full loads of truck. I actually need to help load and unload the truck. I met his mother-in-law yesterday. I saw her at his wedding but I don't think she remember much of me. She was there to babysit his daugher yesterday. She told me something interesting. She came over and chatted with me. She asked if I am Vivian and I told her I am. She said she heard so much about me and I gave her my usual unimpressed look wondering if that is good or bad thing. She said oh no, it is a good thing, he has a soft spot for me. I was sooo touched (and kind of embarrassed) when I heard that. My friend isn't exactly the friendliest person and yet I know he like me (and I always take full advantage of that and totally abuse it) But hearing that from another person make me really happy. Wonder if he purposedly get her to tell me to slave me for free??!!

No comments: