Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Heart Attack

Today was not a good day. I think I almost die of heart attack. QA found some problem with the new build they were testing the hotfix. When they told me yesterday, I thought the developer already start looking into it so I didn't follow up much. But I sent an email at the end of the day asking for an estimate when would it be finish. This morning, I got a reply saying he can't work on it because he is busy on something else. And that is a priority on his list. (My mind was like what the @#*$(@#%@#*9, why didn't you tell me earlier?!) I start panicking cause there is not much people can work on it. So I replied asking if he could suggest someone else. I know two other people who may know how to do this. I asked one of them but the person refused to work on older code (again, my mind start exploding and @#$*(@#%@#*$*) I came down to my last resource, but I know that developer has been working on some other stuff last week and delayed the existing schedule. I am not sure I could steal more of the developer's time this week. That person first replied was what I expected, can't work on it because of the delayed schedule. I really run out of people that I could get them to work on the issue. I thought about bringing it to the VP and see what he said about priority. If he said it is okay to delay my project, I don't care then. But I want to work out something among developers first. So I talked to one of the managers and see if I could borrow the first developer, but the manager said no. Another developer who knows a bit of that part of the code agreed to take a look at the issue. I told him to ask the other two people and worked with them if he was not clear on the issue. In the end, another manager agreed to let me lend the third developer for the next few days to fix the issue. I was sooo sooo soooo relieved when I heard that. I almost die of heart attack when everybody refused to work on it. It is not like I could push the project later because there are customers waiting for it. This is so not a good day for me.

No comments: