Friday, July 22, 2005

Crazy Friday

As if things already not bad enough, it has to be more crazy at work. The very same customer that I am working with is having even more problem today. They encountered more database corruption. Support tried to run a script to fix the database, but the script took too long so they decided they need developers to take another look to speed thing up. I knew the issue yesterday and I knew someone was working on it. But what I didn't know is that we need QA to test it before releasing to customers. Now think back, I should have asked when I heard developer was working on the utility script. Support mentioned that we need to release the script by Saturday afternoon. Being a last minute thing, for sure my friend in QA is very happy with me. Especially he was planning to go away this weekend and asking volunteer from his team to come in on weekend last min, he wasn't particular pleased. At last he found his volunteer. Now I have to ask people in development to stay on call thru the weekend in case anything happen. I have to "ask" particular people since they worked on the problem. I don't like asking people to stay late, especially right before weekend. But I don't have a choice. And since I already have plan on Saturday, I have to my other coworker to stay on call as well, even though he didn't know a thing on what happen. Now all I could do it to keep my finger crossed and everything just turned out great.

No comments: