Friday, July 08, 2005

My Dog Ate My Homework!

Despite my continuing effort to get to work early, I don't think I once attend my daily first meeting on time. I felt especially bad yesterday because my VP started to attend that meeting as well. I went to work late, saw he was there, wimp out and didn't go into the meeting. So today I tried extra hard to get up early to go to work on time. I actually woke up early. And usually if I woke up early, I would start doing other stuff and end up being more late. But today I was very on time when I walked out the door. I was all happy thinking I finally could get to work on time. I could imagine my manager would be all shocked when he saw me walk in. While I was driving to work and happily eating breakfast in my car , I made a sharp turn and spill it on my jeans. See, I was having congee this morning. So the stink mark was very obvious and it was kind of embarassing. (It looked like I pee in my pant ) Since I didn't drive too far, I decided to go home and change. When I was at home, I thought about sending an email to my manager explain that I would be late. But then the excuse seem silly and dumb and I could totally see him and my friends would be laughing like crazy. I gave up and just went to work. Of course when I walked in the office, my friends had to give me hard time for being late. And of course stupid me decided to say what happened. You can imagine what their reaction was. Next time I will keep a set of clothes to change at work!! (Or come up with a better excuse!!)

No comments: