Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sleeping In Class

Though I always fall asleep in company meetings, I never fell asleep in small meeting. Though sometimes it is hard to get thru meetings when food coma started, I usually don't dare to sleep when there are only few of us in the room. I mean in a big meeting, my boss won't notice my presence in a big crowd of 100 people. Especially if you are in a meeting that doesn't require your input, I could hardly stay awake. But if you are in a small meeting, it would be rather embarrassing to fall asleep, especially you don't know when you got called on. But today someone did fall asleep in a meeting (NOT ME!) We were having a meeting today with several people discussing some plan. My manager was talking about something and he needed some input from one person. But...but...he was sleeping. My manager has to wake him up. We have to get his input on that issue. I don't know how he felt but I know if it was me, I sure will be so embarrassed. It was as if you got caught sleeping in class, though I always did that back in the days of university. My friend and I would pick the center seat in the room and then I would fall asleep right after the class started. No one really care if you slept in class in university anyway. But I could imagine if my name was called in a meeting, I sure want to hide my head somewhere.

No comments: