Sunday, July 24, 2005

Tackle

We went dinner after we came back from Seattle last night. At the end of dinner, a friend got to the bill first and tried to pay for all of us. We tried to put money back in her wallet secretly. But she found out in the end, and we started a long discussion on how the money should be. We said how could we even let her hand on the bill in the first place. We are all Chinese and we should be good at tackling people when they tried to pay the bill. You often see two guys fighting in a restaurant and each tried to get to the bill. Last time when I had dinner with my cousin, at the end of the meal, she had her husband tackled me down so I couldn't get to the bill. They were both wearing suit and we were eating at fancy restaurant. I can't believe they get physical and so determined to pay for dinner. I quickly gave up to grab the bill back cause it is embarrassing to try to fight for it. At least I felt embarrassing for them. My parents used to do the tackling at the table too. They would take a seat outside so it is easier to get the bill. But now they changed the strategy and my dad would secretly go to the counter to pay the dinner. I wonder why all Chinese people do that. Does Chinese just more anxious about paying?

No comments: