Saturday, July 16, 2005

How to Be Happy

I chatted with some friends tonight. We had a discussion on how to be happy. One person said she can't feel excited about anything anymore. Even going to vacation, she doesn't feel the excitement about it at all. They asked me what makes me happy. I said I got to play ultimate last night and that made me really happy. I wonder whether they think my answer is retarded. I felt I gave a lame answer after I said it. But I was real excited that I got on the field. (Though I regretted it when my bones hurt the next day. You never know how much it hurt when you didn't run for 7 weeks) I think simple thing still make me very happy. I remember I told my friend one day that I was happy because I got a fresh bagel. I went to the bagel store and they had bagel that I wanted just fresh from oven. I was so happy that day. My friend couldn't believe I was like a kid. Having a good meal, joking around with my friends, playing with healthy ankle, planning a vacation, even sitting at home doing nothing makes me happy. I guess I am easy to please (at least not on my cranky dates).

No comments: