Friday, July 01, 2005

My Trip To Tofino

Just went to Tofino with some friends before long weekend. We all have been to Tofino way too many times that we didn't have much plan. My friend and her husband went to the hot spring cove. I went with other friends to a short hike. Before we walked into the trail, there was a sign about recent sighting on coyote and bear. I was kind of scared to go in. My ankle wasn't completely heal and I was scared if I run into one, I couldn't run away at all. So I stayed alert the whole time I walked the trail and every little sound made me startled. I was so glad when we finished the trail. Weather was the usual Tofino weather. That means it rained all the times. Our original plan was to have BBQ for dinner. But looking at the weather, we were not sure what we should do. My friends and I were not sure if we should pan fried all the food. But the cabin we rented didn't have an oven and the stove was very small. In the end, we decided to do half and half since the rain seemed to become smaller. Once we all set up the BBQ, it seemed to rain harder. We just gave in and BBQ in the rain. There were tons of people walked by our patio and I bet they must think we were nuts to sit outside in the rain to BBQ. But it was actually not bad. The next morning we went for a walk on the Long Beach. All my friends think that I couldn't walk for an hour on my ankle. When they saw a beach wheelchair in the visitor centre, they all wanted to rent it for me. They got more excited when they found out it was free. So, my first wheelchair experience. It was kind of embarrassing because we saw older people walk and I was on wheelchair. My friends were having fun pushing me around and doing sharp turns. When I finished my "exciting" walk and returned the wheelchair, I had to pretend to limp around a bit because a lot of people from visitor centre were watching me on the wheelchair. I felt very bad if I ran around right after I got off the wheelchair. We didn't want to come back too late so we left early for ferry. My friend's mom called and told us about the accident in Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal. We tried to find out which ferry terminal wait was shorter but it took us several tries (including using a cell phone to record the radio broadcast) to find out the sail wait for each terminal (shame for all of us who claimed our English is good). The wait to Horseshoe Bay was actually shorter. When the ferry got close to the terminal, everyone on the ferry wanted to see where the accident was. But we couldn't see anything. Oh well, it was a nice relaxing trip and I sure had fun.

2 comments:

ray said...

Tofino is FUN! How can u bbq under the rain? you guys aren't nuts, u guys have super power!

gwilli said...

Super powers are nuts! How can you Tofino under the rain? you guys aren't bbq, u guys are FUN!