Monday, July 04, 2005

Long Weekend?

The office was awfully quiet today. I think at most 10 people show up at work. In the end of last year, HR decided to move the statutory holiday for Jan 3 to July 4. So we can have a "nice, longer" weekend in conjunction with July 1. Some of us went to talk to HR because some people already planned the Christmas vacation and assumed Jan 3 was a holiday. Turned out that we could take either day. I didn't care much either day, but since back then I wasn't sure if I would still stay with the company for another half year, I wanted to make sure I didn't get ripped off on my statutory holiday. I decided to sit at home one more day after new year. So poor me still working in the same company after half year needed to go to work today. I thought about slack off and called in sick since I was sure my manager was away. But since I was on tight schedule, my friend probably won't be happy with me when he found out tomorrow that I was behind schedule. (We worked on the same project.) I thought about working from home so I didn't need to drive. But I think I may get distracted from TV and all the other stuff. I may as well force myself go into office and really get some work done. It was actually not too bad today. It was nice and quiet. No one would walk behind me and distract me. No meeting at all. I could actually sit at my desk and work the whole time. Well, I did slack off here there a bit and chat and fall asleep. But I did work most of the day. I even didn't go to ultimate today to finish up some work. (Well, I was scared I may hurt myself again.) I was such a good kid today!

No comments: