Monday, May 16, 2005

Dream Wedding

Someone said girls always have a dream wedding in mind. They have everything planned out when they were young. I don't know about other girls, but I don't remember I have one. May be I am not much a dreamer. (Or may be I am not really a girl. ) But in all the friends' weddings that I helped, they don't seem to have much a plan either. Basically, it is a combination of different people's opinions. I was at my friend's place this weekend to help her finalize her wedding details. It was like that too. Everyone gave their opinion on how things are usually done. I don't know if other people would usually have more a personal touch in their wedding. It just seems that a wedding is not for the bride and the groom, but for everybody else. If you miss out some traditions, people would complain (though I don't understand why, it is not even their wedding! ) Ever since I helped in weddings, I stopped criticizing about other people's weddings cause now I know it is hard work. It takes a lot of effort to get things done. It is like managing a project. The worst is, no matter how hard you try, people can always find things to criticize. I heard the most ridiculous comments. The invitation card looks too cheap. (Come on, who cares! It is only a card! You only need the information! ) The bride doesn't have enough dresses. (Urgh! As if you pay attention every time she changes! ) The bouquet is too small. (You got to be kidding me! How about a big one around her neck? ) Why isn't there a wedding cake? (It is not your freaking wedding. If they don't want it, then don't have it! Understand? ) Why isn't the maid of honour with her? (I was crazily running around like her servant and I heard this comment! Make me want to beat up people badly! ) After all those "useful" experiences, I figure no matter what you do, people would complain. So if I ever get married, there will be NOTHING! So nobody can complain of anything!

1 comment:

ray said...

what?! are you kidding? i thought it's like a payback time! you got to have something!