Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Fraud

Finally got a chance to go thru mail I received recently. I found out that a collection company said I owe TD bank tons of money. Problem is, I don't remember ever borrowing from TD bank. I banked with Scotia, RBC, HSBC and BMO. But TD bank is one I actually never bank with. I guess I have to call tomorrow and see what is up with that. It better not be that Vivian who lived in Ontario or Calgary that people keep calling for. This is the second time my info got used by other people. Several months ago, someone stole the convenient checks for my credit card and wrote herself a $2000 check. It was good that there was not much mess last time. Credit card company sent me a copy of the check they got, and I signed a letter declared that was not from me. And it was very obvious that is not me. Not my writing, not my signature. I don't know how this time would turn out. One would think they would at least check if that is me before sending to collection company. I don't know if it would be like those in HK, which is operated by gangsters. That they won't reason with you.

No comments: