Monday, May 23, 2005

Not A Girl!

I went shopping with my mom today. After 3 hours of "mall hiking" (as my friend called it) I was so happy that I got my new cleats. I have been looking for awhile and I finally found a store that carries the brand that I like and they have my size too. I talked to a friend later tonight very excited about my new cleats. She was disgusted and said that I should be more girlie. I should be excited about getting a new dress and not cleats. I told her that when I was at one of the shoe stores, my mom kept saying that one of the runners looked pretty nice (those Skechers type runners, not functional one) and I should get one. I told my mom that I was broke and I couldn't afford it. Then half an hour later, I got my new cleats. I remembered my friend once said her boyfriend found that her most expensive clothing is not a dress, but her Gortex jacket. This is so true about my closet too. I won't spend ~$400 on a dress. That would be insane. But I am willing to spend that much on my Gortex jacket. I think I spend more on my "playing" equipment and clothing. I guess I am not a girlie girl after all.

1 comment:

gwilli said...

you just keepin it real, is all!