Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Gone Mad

Do you believe everything people said? Or you give reasonable doubt? It seems that I have problem trusting people lately. I have my doubt on whatever people said. How do I know people are telling truth? May be they lie. May be they cover up some truth. If I don't put my trust on them, then I won't get hurt later when I found out other side of things. If I expect they lie, then there will be no surprise. I already expect things happen this way. May be I should trust no one. I know someone who is very defensive and doesn't trust anyone. He makes it very hard for people around him cause it is very easy for him to lost his trust on you and it is very hard to gain his trust. I don't want to be like him. I don't want to always second guess people. I don't like myself like this. I don't know what I could do to stop this. A friend said it depends on the person. If you know them long enough, then you would know whether the person is trustworthy. How do you know you really know the person? Do my friends actually know me? Or just the person I portrayed? May be it isn't the real me. I don't even know if that is me. I know I was influenced by my friends over the years. May be people only know the combination of residue from my friends. May be I already lost myself.

2 comments:

gwilli said...

if you want to know how to trust someone, just read this:

http://www.meeko.org/disney/aladdin/script.html

Winsor said...

Hey!! You are thinking too much!! You are yourself and you are great and unique! That's nothing wrong with trusting people! You just trusted ONE wrong person, and you lose all your faith in yourself and your friends??!!! If you decided not to trust any people, you will lose all the happiness to be a care free person! You have always be yourself from the first day I knew you, I don't think you have pretended this for more than 10 years!!!

"Have you ever buy an orange that looks good from outside, yet it tastes very sour? Does it make you stop eating orange???"

This metaphor is from a very defensive friend we know and he wants to tell you two things:

1) You still eat orange because you believe that in this world there are more good oranges than bad ones.
2) And knowing how to choose good oranges is not a gift from God, it is a learning process that takes lots of time, trial and errors, and you have to learn from mistake, rather than running away from it!!!

Remember that you always get full support from us no matter how far we are! A kiss from your defensive friend! :)