Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Forgive

What is forgiveness? Can you forgive but not forget? I had this conversation with a friend the other day. She said forgive doesn't mean forget. You can forgive someone, but not necessarily forget what the person did. I don't know how can you remember how the person hurt you but still forgive. If I don't let go of what happen, how could I forgive. Every time I think of what happen, I can't forgive how a person can do that. And how can you build up trust again. I know we should forgive people. But how can I pour my heart out again and trust not to get hurt? How can I tell myself to lower my defense? How do I know I won't get hurt again? That has been on my mind last while. I don't know how to do it. I thought I forgive already, but every now and then, it haunt me what happen. It is not until last weekend, for some reason, everything becomes more clear. If I keep thinking if I should trust the person every time we talk, I don't think I would ever let things go. I should just follow my heart and not think. I shouldn't keep weighing on how I should react or how much I should trust, but just follow my heart. I felt so much lighter after that as if my burden was lifted.

PS. This morning when driving to work, I heard from radio that a pastor said, "If you can't love one another whom you can see, how can you love God whom you can't see."

No comments: