Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Meeting

Once upon a time, a manager sat around and was bored to death in his own little room and decided to find some company. So, he gathered everyone in the office, sat in another little room and listened to him talk about his future, his dream, his goal, and his vision. That is the beginning of meeting. I bet you that must be it. How else could you explain why you get put in a room, sit for at least an hour, and listen to things that you don't give a damn? Yes, I sat thru yet another company meeting today (hence, the rant). I guess I can't complain much because I think I only stayed conscious for 5 minutes and then I passed out. I didn't even bother to struggle to stay awake. A lady was talking about plan that development has been working on for more than a year. I don't know why they bother telling developers what they did last year. Hello, I was the one working on it. I don't really need a recap. And that was the major part of the meeting. After one and half hour later, my self control dropped to the lowest point. I only want to leave. Then there was award time to recognize the accomplishment people did last quarter. If it is something useful, may be people would appreciate it more. It is just some dumb toys. Anyway, they talked about changing the biggest prize and this would be the last time of the pretzel award. (Yes, that is the biggest prize!) Some managers came up and made joke for at least 5 minutes why it is bad to end that prize. Later, I asked my friends did I miss out anything during my food coma in the meeting. Apparently that 5 minutes I stayed conscious already heard the most important info. Well, I did get paid and finished my food coma. What more I can ask for?

1 comment:

ray said...

haha... 1 minute of briefing from someone already had me updated the whole meeting. :)