Saturday, May 14, 2005

Rumour

It is very easy to start a rumour. You see a few hints. You suspect something. You tell people what you suspect. Then, people tell other people and rumour started and spread. And people usually don't bother confirming the rumour and just keep speculating. A friend decided to come back to my company. He left the company the beginning of the year and decided to come back now. But before his return was announced, there has been a rumour going around. I heard people speculate about him coming back. Nobody wants to ask him directly. But everybody asked me. Probably because they figure we talked occasionally. I actually don't know before they speculate. I figure I will ask him directly. Today, I heard another rumour. A friend asked me if another friend's marriage is at stake. My friend came back to Vancouver several weeks ago because of some errands. I don't know how, but some people thought her marriage having problem and she came back to stay. It was the funniest thing I heard. Her short visit became her marriage problem. I don't even know who or how people start that. I guess with her coming back by herself makes people speculate.

No comments: