Thursday, May 12, 2005

Invite

When it comes to organizing a gathering, I never know who I should invite or who I shouldn't. I invited some of the girls from church to have dinner and movie in my place tomorrow. When I wrote email to invite people, I struggled for awhile. I know I should invite all the girls, but there are some people that I don't connect as well. And I want this to be a casual meet up instead of a cell group meeting. So I tell myself that I don't need to invite everybody because it is just a casual hang out. It is not like I dislike people. You know how you are just closer to some people and not some other. When I think of it is just a hang out, I think I would just invite people I feel closer to. Though, I feel kind of bad to leave out other people, but I can't force myself to do it more out of obligation. A friend emailed me today and ask if I would invite the other people. She said it is up to me because I am the host, but it would seem bad that I left them out. I told her I had that struggle for awhile. I don't know what I want to do. I should say, I know what I should do and what I want to do, but I am just not sure what I want to pick. My friend said it may not be nice if people found out later. I finally decide to open up my invitation. I don't want this whole gathering to be a secret and have to hide from other people. I hope I did the right thing. And not too late.

1 comment:

gwilli said...

not secret now, is it?!? and beleive you me... I was VERY offended for not being invited!!!