Sunday, April 10, 2005

五穀不分

I got a recipe from my cousin several weeks ago. It is a congee made from 10 different grains and it is a healthy breakfast. Today, I finally decide to buy all the ingredients. I brought the recipe to a supermarket, stood in aisle for awhile, then gave up and went home. Why? Cause I don't know what each ingredient is in English. I don't exactly know what some of the ingredients are. So I decide to go home and do some research online. After some surfing, I decided to pull in extra help. I asked one of my friend and she was clueless on what those grain are as well. What kind of c-9 (aka married woman) is that! So she searched online for a bit and pull in her rice tix (aka husband) too. After 2 geeks did some intensive research, we were still not quite sure the answer. Then I asked another friend who bought a cook dictionary recently. After more investigation and consultation, I finally got all my ingredients translated. Now my friend made fun of me saying that I am 五穀不分. Literally, it means that I can't distinguish the five grains but it really means that I am lack of knowledge because five grains is supposed to be very basic information. But I doubt anyone knows what the five grains are nowaday!


十穀健康粥

材料:
糙米、黑糯米、小米、小麥、蕎麥、芡實、燕麥、蓮子、麥片和紅薏仁等分量混合而成。以上十種,可同時煮熟。

作法1:
晚上時,將十穀米一杯用水洗淨,加水七杯,放入悶燒鍋內鍋中燒開再煮十五分鐘,放入外鍋中加蓋,翌日早晨上班前即可食用。可多煮一點,供三四天食用。

作法2:
晚上時,將十穀米三杯泡水4小時,放入電鍋中,再加水5杯煮成乾飯,待冷卻後,放入冰。翌日早晨上班前,取酌量加水四杯煮成稀飯。

備註:小孩子若因口感不喜歡吃時,可加入幾粒龍眼乾或葡萄乾。若不加糖進食時,可加茶葉蛋一個,風味絕佳,記憶超強,功課一級棒

2 comments:

John Wu said...

Can I have the translated version? Thanks

ray said...

I dropped by T&T this afternoon, I found that they have the 8 kind of mixed grains. I think it should be very close to the 10 that it mentioned in your receipe. But damn, it's darn expensive, so my conclusion is, if you want to be healthy, just keep exercising. Drink more coffee though. :P