Thursday, April 07, 2005

Busy

A friend was saying how busy he was and he had no time to do other things. I seem to have the same problem lately too. I looked at my schedule book and it is all packed with church, fellowship, friends in town and my regular activity. All these occupy all my time. I don't even have time to clean up my house. I have been wanting to just chill at home and do some reading or watch some TV. But it seem I pack my schedule so tight that I have no time left at all. I wonder why we all like to keep our schedule so packed. Do we feel more satisfy being busy all the time? I know I have a sense of satisfaction when I look at my packed schedule. It seem that I accomplish a lot. Do we all feel more valuable when we know we have something to do each day? So we have something to look forward each day too? So we can truly feel our presence in the world?

1 comment:

Yummy said...

Busy... busyness describes my life. Always have been... but I don't think we feel more "satisfied" being busy all the time. More often than not we are just too *used to* being busy that we don't know what to do even when we have time on our hand. So we keep packing our schedules like crazy. That's what I did for the longest time. I kept myself so busy that if I found one day where I wasn't busy--I felt so lost and so alone... so I picked up my phone and booked myself another appointment w/ friends...

that's when I realized something was wrong with me... I'm working on slowing down and giving myself more time... But then what can I say? I'm still running from appointment to appointment... the only thing I try not to do is not to double book myself hehe...