Sunday, April 03, 2005

Little Brother

I always said I have a little brother when anyone asks if I have any siblings. And they are surprised to heard that my so-called "little" brother is only 3 years younger than me. I actually meant to say it is my younger brother. I don't remember much from our childhood, except that we fight a lot physically, like punching each other, grabbing each other's hair, pushing each other on floor. OKAY, I admit it was mostly me beating him up. I was taller than him back then (hehe, can you believe that! ) We eventually stop this physical fight because he outgrow me one year and ask me politely (while looking down on me) do I really want to pick a fight. That is when I start to learn to be a caring sister. My mom said we actually care a lot for each other. We don't like people to pick on the other person and we will protect each other. I think we are just being possessive of our own punching bag.

When I watched the movie Electric Shadows, I told my brother that it reminded me so much of him. There was a little brother who always followed the sister everywhere and saying "sister, sister". I told him that little annoying brat was him. He laughed and said I remembered it wrong and it was me who followed him everywhere. It then turned into a "heated" argument and I replied saying that who is the stupid person who can say "Gah Jei" correctly! "Gah Jei" mean older sister in Cantonese, but my brother only called me "Gah" and I always said he was either super lazy to say the second word or he couldn't pronounce it. But I think it is the latter. I do know that my little brother is no longer the "little" brother anymore. I remember the first time I got drunk outside. It was him who came and pick me up. And, while we were driving home, he gave me the lecture on how I shouldn't have got drunk or should have called him earlier. That is the first time I realize my brother has grown up and know how to take care people now. We used to chat a lot but last several years he was in Prince George so we don't get to talk as much and we are not close as before. But I know he will always be there if I need him.

No comments: