Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Reputation

I went to fill up my car today because of the "cheap" gas. When it was my turn, the car behind me kept honking. The driver even got out of the car to yell. I thought he was yelling at me for moving my car slowly and got a bit scared. Apparently, another car bud in line and the driver behind me was all mad and yelled at him. Finally that car took off and the car behind me took the spot. The driver still looked all mad. I was a bit scared that he would come out and yell at me. It was the way I parked my car that gave the car a chance to bud. So I avoided eye contact with the driver. He came out and kept complaining how rude the other driver was. I was kind of relieved that he didn't yell at me. Then I saw he had a cross hanging in his car. He is a Christian. My first reaction was geez, this guy is so impatient and he is a Christian. Then it stroke me that we criticized Christian more when they did wrong. When we declare that we are Christian, people expect us to always do the right thing. I remember I was telling my friend how a person hurt me and my friend replied "and that person called himself a Christian". I know being Christian doesn't make us perfect. In fact, we know we are far from perfect. But people judge you more harshly. I heard people said since even Christian do thing this way, what makes them any different than us and why would I want to become one. I guess that is another reason why we want to keep walking God's way. Not only for our development and growth, but we also have reputation as God's follower to keep.

1 comment:

ray said...

wearing a cross, or having a cross in their car don't make one as a christian. :P

cross is a crucification tool, why would a christian wear it? i always wonder.