Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Losing Nerve

I am someone who would easily freak out. Even very small matter can make me all tense up and overreact. When I worked on another team, I sometimes worked with my manager for a release on projects. When it was closed to release date, whenever QA came and talked to me, I would get jumpy and freak out because only reason they would come talk to me was that they found a major bug that might stop the release or require a rebuild. That mean we may slipped the release date. So I really don't like the weeks before release cause I would overstress myself. Yesterday when I got to work, I found my MS Outlook at work look different than usual. Then I start to get all frustrated that thinking may be it has something to do with installing MSN 7.0. I then became suspicious about whether IT did something that mess up my computer. After all the screaming and kicking for like an hour or so, I found out that my Outlook always have that setting, I just accidentally moved it differently place. And today, hehehe, today is a bad day. I think I freak out several times. First, cvs didn't let me commit cause my commit message was "lack of detail"! How detail it could be when I only changed a phrase on UI! I had to rephrase my commit message! How stupid is that! Then, my compile just started to hang for no reason. None of my coworkers believed me when I said it hang! IT HANG! STOP! DOESN'T MOVE! I was hoping I didn't have to do a clean build because it would take at least 30 minutes and I did it 3 days in a row because of other changes. IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY! I would sit at my desk for 30 somewhat minutes and stare at my computer doing its work while I surf the net or MSN people (I enjoy doing that when I am slacking, but not when I try to do work!) After a whole bunch of running around and screaming and kicking in the office, I decided to do a clean build and called it a day. I will find out if I can do some real work tomorrow.

1 comment:

ray said...

I believe.... mm..kem kem.... it's hung.