Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thumb Up!

I had part of my performance review today. The reason it was only a part because my complete review was supposed to happen next week but my manager wanted to tell me about my raise before I got my paid check. (Tomorrow is paid day! ) I was pretty surprised to hear that I actually got a raise. Originally I only expected a tiny amount. Then my friends who had their reviews told me that the raise range was even smaller than I expected. Since I think they did a better job than me, I knew my share started not looking too good. I saw myself work harder before and I knew I didn't put my 100% last year. I couldn't say I would be surprised if I didn't get anything. But it is like going to a movie. When you didn't expect much, the outcome is actually not bad. My friends thought I got a big raise because I was jumping around after the review. I don't know what everybody got so I don't know whether that considers as a big or small raise. I am very happy because my manager is very happy about my job. For the longest time, what worried me the most was his opinion on my job. I don't know what he thinks. I changed team last year and I lost all my confident ever since. I used to know where everything was and how things interacted and now I am all lost. I don't know how to work with some of my team members. Everything is so much more difficult to accommodate. So when my manager told me he thought I did a great job. I am very happy. I am like a little kid who got compliment from the teacher. I remember my team lead used to give me gold star sticker saying "Good Job" or "Superstar" when I fixed something important. (More like he had those in his drawer and he needed to get rid of it!) I guess everyone likes compliment. It gives me a sense of validation. So people, praise me! praise me!

2 comments:

ray said...

dammit, that's where my pie went!

erinator said...

nnnnnnnngh.....that's about as hard as i can praise you right now. :D now where's _my_ dinner? (heeheehee)